Friday, October 14, 2011

Post for Blogger KITTY........

Kitty is a girl who's blog I follow.....as I'm sure some of you ladies do also. I truly love her blog and I understand her daily frustrations with loosing. I was sitting here reading her latest post and it dawned on me........I never once have blogged about my ACTUAL weight and where I have come from.

When I was 15 I weighed 220 pounds. I was completely miserable. Just the thought of having to loose sooo much weight to be at a healthy BMI got me so upset I never wanted to do anything about it. I would diet for a week or two....see little results....then say fuck it. The cycle would continue over and over again. I wish I had pictures of this time to post.......but I didn't really allow anyone to take them. : /

Kitty left a comment on one of my posts the other day that said:

Kittysaid...
You should be a tad kinder to your self.. If you ever get as fat as I am THEN you can start hating your self..


Kitty......I was really heavy at one point in my life. It was hard work but I eventually got down to 135 by 17 and it was AWESOME. I know you can do it too!! I'm glad you have been more positive lately and you have to keep thinking that way. It's the only way to keep on striving.....and loosing :)

How did I do it? Okay fine....yes there was fasting and good old MIA along the way but I had to seriously change my life style too. I made rules for myself. No eating past 6. If I went to a restaurant I was never allowed to order anything but a salad. Even if it was a special occasion. Despite being 15 and getting shit talk from my friends about "dieting" I never rarely let my meals falter. I avoided pizza pig outs. I LIVED on fresh veggies (STAY AWAY FROM CANNED GOODS) and fruits. Cottage cheese and lean skinless chicken were HUGE staple in my diet. No caffeine, no pop, even diet pop. Yeah - food was boring. I would get mad but it was SOOO worth it in the end. I worked out 3 times a week for 45 minutes. I had my mom backing me up the first two weeks to get my ass to the gym but eventually I started to want to go. You just have to get used to it as first.

I know I gained some weight back.....ugh FAIL. But ultimately that shit happens. Weight goes up and down in life. Meh. I'm just happy I've stayed in control enough to never see that number again.

Kitty I hope your not offended by this. I just want you to know that there is success at the end. And I know how you feel. I'm always here for you if you wanna chat.

Much Love <3

2 comments:

Kitty said...

<3 thanks hon.. I will come with a proper reply soon <3

Kitty said...

I just want to say sorry that I didn't have the time to make a proper reply on this post before. This weekend has been insane. :)

Thanks for this post. It made me smile- and think..

I know for a fact that for me to be able to change- I need to change my focus and energy. I need to be more positive and have proper limits and rules.

I might not be good at it yet- but I am on my way.

Thanks again for the support. It sure is needed..


<3

Post a Comment